i’m pretty sure you created tron
*DAFT PUNK INTENSIFIES*
What are you so afraid of!?
I’m REALLY sorry but it looks like they’re about to rap battle
Listen, I’m all for using Dwayne Johnson as a motivational source for lifting and exercising, but applying this kind of “quote” to him is so incredibly out of character. His entire message is about lifting people up, he’s not about to insult anyone just because they choose not to visit the gym. Don’t use him as a tool to promote your own body-shaming values.
If you’re going to apply words to his image, let’s look at some of his actual quotes instead:
- "Dream big, work big. They go hand in hand."
- “Challenge yourself to be better daily, When its you vs. you, it all adds up to success. Commit to being great at what you do. Be relentless.”
- “Training is a life metaphor - control your destiny w/ your two hands thru very hard work”
- “Realized over the years that success doesn’t change a person.. it only magnifies who’ve they’ve been their entire life.”
- "There is a value in sports and what it does for our youth and our community. I was one of those kids who was locked up a whole bunch of times, but I had people in my life to challenge me and tell me ‘I expect you to do good,’ … ‘I expect you to do well.’ I guarantee, nine times out of ten, when you challenge a kid with those types of expectations, they’re going to respond in a positive way."
- “Hard work. Smart risks. 100% effort.”
- “Greatness is never achieved alone. Surround yourself with good people. A quality team. Set your mark.. and raise the bar.”
Like damn, guys - If you read up on the Rock and the most inspiring thing you can find is “get your candy-ass to the gym,” then I feel really sorry for you and your priorities.
Remember when Carlton lost his virginity?